Thursday, January 14, 2010

Carter's 1st Day of Preschool!

Carter did awesome in preschool today!!!  We arrived a few minutes early to drop him off and he couldn't wait to get rid of me :)  He gave me a hug and kiss and said, "Bye Mommy, you can leave now!  Don't miss me too much....and no crying!"  Can you believe it?  I did very well not crying until I got back to my car...then I cried like a baby :)  My little guy is growing up so fast!

Carter's preschool class was 3 hours so I decided to run some errands.  I also bought Carter a little goodie bag to surprise him after I picked him up from his first day of preschool.  I sat it on his carseat so he'd see it as soon as he got in the car!


When I walked into Busy Bodies to pick him up I could hear everyone laughing.  I peeked in his class to see what everyone was laughing at....they were laughing at Carter being silly :)  His teacher Robin told me how he had everyone cracking up the whole time!  She said he's her class clown :)  I told her that I didn't expect it any other way; he loves to make people laugh!  She also said even with how much fun he was having making his friends laugh that he wasn't being disruptive and he still listened and followed directions the whole time!  I'm so happy that he has such a wonderful teacher that lets him truly be himself and just let loose.  I was hesitant to put him in preschool because I wanted him to have fun and be a kid, before he's in school for the next 13 years.  Busy Bodies is so great because although they let the kids have fun, they're still getting them ready for kindergarten.  I think they're a little more laid back than a traditional preschool....so it was a perfect match, exactly what we were looking for!!!

The kids do show and tell every week, this week Carter wanted to tell his friends all about Fuzz (his Build A Bear Doggy)!  He also took a stick with him to show his friends how Fuzz plays fetch.  Another thing they do is learn a new letter every week.  The letter for this week was R.  Carter made a beautiful rainbow for the letter R!  We are sooo proud of Carter's enormous joy for learning....he had so much fun in his preschool class today! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment