Friday, June 11, 2010

Carter's 4 Years and 8 Months Old Today!

Carter's another month older!  It's kind of sad to think that in another 4 months he'll be 5!  5 Years old...oh my....where has the time gone???

Carter and I have been sick this past week.  Yesterday we went to our doctors and Carter was diagnosed with double ear infections and not only that but one of his ears has a blister on the eardrum...OUCH!!!  I kept going back and forth with whether or not I should take him in because one day he was fine and the next day he layed around all day and had a fever.  It rotated like that off and on all week.  Then on Wednesday he woke up from a nap and was poking and pulling on his ear and he was complaining that it hurt.  Well, if you know Carter at all you know he doesn't complain about being in pain unless it's really bad.  So I scheduled his doctor appointment for the next day.  I had never heard of a blister on the eardrum before.  I asked the doctor if it was because I waited so long to bring him in.  He said that I had done everything right and that it was a different kind of infection.  Thank goodness he's going to be ok...the doctor prescribed antibiotics along with numbing ear drops for his ear.  Poor little guy. 

I also went to the doctor and I have a sinus infection along with an ear infection....not fun!  I just want to be able to breath through my nose, hear and taste again.      

When I told Ben that I had to take some pictures of Carter today I think he thought I was a little nuts.  I told him I've not missed a month yet since he was born that I didn't take a picture of Carter on the 11th.  As you can see Carter's feeling better!  As for me...I'm going back to sleep :)

Enjoy!



 

1 comments:

Mimi said...

Ear to ear grin even when sick with an ear infection. What a little trooper! So resiliant!
Love you, Mimi & Pa

Post a Comment