We ended up having to change swim coaches early this week. Last Thursday I ended up pulling Carter from his class because his teacher was telling him if he didn't lay on his back and not scream (he was screaming because he was terrified) that she was going to "put him under water"...that's right...she was threatening him that she would put him under the water if he didn't cooperate. She was using this as a discipline technique??? If you know me at all...then you know how VERY protective I am of my Carter. So needless to say...I didn't take her threatening him too well. I was going to wait until class was over to confront her. Then before I had the chance she was having Carter lay on his back while holding the wakeboard and I noticed his face was going under the water...I just started yelling to her that his face was in the water...I yelled it a couple of times as I was running to help him. I literally ripped him from her arms and took him to the office where we waited to speak to the manager (she was teaching another class at the same time). After speaking to the manager we came to an agreement that we would try the preschool class (the same one he took last summer) and see how that went. Maybe Carter wasn't quiet ready for the advanced preschool class yet...but either way...no child should ever be spoken to that way. I believe swim lessons should be fun...not traumatizing! Carter is doing so much better in his new class...he seems to be right where he needs to be! Take a look...





0 comments:
Post a Comment