Today was the last day of swim for this session. He did very well overall. He had a little trouble trusting his new teacher at first, especially when she wanted him to float on his back. But, in the end I think she earned his trust and the good news he was always excited to go back to class the next day. If he continued to be scared of swim lessons I was just going to veto doing them this session. I didn't think it was necessary to traumatize the poor little guy any more than he already was. We've decided to keep him in the Preschool class for next session as well since he's still a little leary of the water. I'm hoping after he gains a little more confidence he'll float on his back (without being afraid). Floating on his back is all he really needs to work on...wonder why he's so afraid to do that???


0 comments:
Post a Comment